With the advent of Internet Protocol version (IPv4) address exhaustion, the importance of adopting next generation Internet Protocol is becoming increasingly important. Not only is IPv6 critical for business continuity, but it is essential for successfully achieving the Government’s primary IT initiatives – such as Cloud Computing, Broadband, and SmartGrid. IPv6 will enable a scalable internet network that can keep pace with current IP demands and will allow for continued Web-based innovation.
In addition, IPv6 can:
- Facilitate global connectivity to large numbers of electronic devices (i.e. mobile phones, laptops, in-vehicle computers, televisions, and medical devides
- Allow for authentication, encryption, and integrity protection at the network layer through IPSec (which is built into the IPv6 protocol)
- Allow simple devices to achieve out of the box plug-and-play network access through IPv6 address auto-configuration
- Allow devices to roam among different networks without losing their network connectivity.
- Facilitate Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Communication
eGlobalTech is a leader in supporting IPv6 adoption in U.S. Federal Government to support the deployment of secure, end-to-end, IPv6-enabled network services which support federal agency core missions and applications. Our services include:
- Strategic Planning
- Policy Development
- Architectural Design
- Transition Planning
- Address and Routing Plan Development
- Domain Name Service Assessment
- Migration Support
- Network Management
Examples of our past performance include:
- Supporting the Department of Education’s adoption of IPv6
- Supporting the Federal IPv6 Working Group and Task Force
- Integrating IPv6 into the Department of Labor’s Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Transition Strategy Plan
- Incorporating IPv6 into the Federal Government’s Cloud Computing Strategy
- Leading the development and maintenance of the US Government’s “Planning Guide and Roadmap Toward IPv6 Adoption within the US Government”
- Presenting the US Government’s IPv6 Adoption Progress to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).